Saturday, December 19, 2009

BEAUTIFUL PRE-SOLSTICE SNOWY DAY

VIEW FROM MY FRONT PORCH LOOKING DOWN ON MY NEIGHBOR
Solstice is coming. And what a beautiful entrance Mother Nature is providing it here in central Kentucky. The sky is filled with overhanging snow clouds and the mountains in the distance cannot be seen through the mist. Quiet abounds.

MY SILVER MAPLE BRANCHES BALANCED WITH THIN ROWS OF SNOW
I hear on my radio that a huge snow storm is rushing up the eastern coast and will reach New York sometime this afternoon as a blizzard. Perhaps it is mother nature's way of churning everything to a halt and saying, " stop shopping, you're using up my resources."

PINE BRANCHES PROVIDE MASS FOR SNOW BLANKETS
The dogs and I are cozy. No need to go anywhere as we are food stocked and warm.

SAL GALLOPS CRAZILY THROUGH THE THREE INCHES OF SNOW
What a delight it is to experience the sheer joy snow brings to Sal and Lil.

LIL AND SAL COMPLETELY WEAR DOWN THE SNOW AS THEY PLAY
After a hard romp in the snow their eyes shift toward me. They tell me its time to eat.

BREAFAST TIME -- SAL AND LIL HEAD TOWARD THE DOOR TO COME INSIDE.

2 comments:

  1. What a find you are, Barbara! Thanks for visiting my blog. I see we value many of the same things, maybe all! I'll keep looking for the beautiful traces of man's hand on the land, and will enjoy visiting you here as you do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, What a pleasure for you to visit my neck of the woods via my blog. Yes, I enjoyed the content of your blog and have many of the same interests. So glad that you are not going to leave the blogosphere! i just found you! -- barbara

    ReplyDelete