Thursday, February 5, 2009

WINTER BIRD SIGHTING

THRUSH

TANAGER

RAVEN

RAIL

MERGANSER

GROSBEAK AND CARDINAL

I thought I would stop by my favorite local used bookstore, Robie and Robie, and pick out some winter reading. Located in Berea, Kentucky and locally owned, the place is stocked with vintage books to slightly used to new.

When inside, I came upon this large book back in the far corner. It was amazing with its beautiful book-plates of birds. There was a total of 106 plates, approx. 11 by 7 that would be great framed if I could dare to take them out of the book. The colors are so vibrant! Naturalist and artist of the plates, Louis Agassiz Fuertes, was born in 1874. Fuertes influenced Roger Tory Peterson a well known artist of wildlife art that passed away in 1996.

For $12.00, the cost of the used book, I am just going to sit inside and let the winter and wind chill while I stay warm and comfortable enjoying the birds inside. Experience a sample of the prints above.

No comments:

Post a Comment