Thursday, December 15, 2016

LAND OF ENCHANTMENT




These few photos are just a taste of the desolate land reflecting the  mountains and low lying grasslands of the San Bernardino Mountains in California. When I visited this park about a month ago I was taken by its enchantment and simplicity. Once the homeland of early native Americans -- Mexican and European folks began to move into the area in the 1800s. In 1893 this area was designated a National Forest. 







Within the park I found a sizable marsh where the wild marsh grass was providing food, nesting, and cover for many birds species. I spent most of my visit watching the riot of different birds fly, float and dip over the area.

I am a country bumpkin at heart so such an opportunity to sit beside this wild "show of life" was a treat beyond words!

No comments:

Post a Comment