Thursday, March 24, 2016

PASSING THROUGH DOORWAYS



Doorways can be a metaphor for many of our actions that we take. Be it a doorway to a new career, marriage, a change in philosophy, and more. I imagine you have opened many doorways in your life both good and not so good. Doorways teach us so much of life.

I have been absent from my blog for a month or so simply because I have been looking at some changes that I want to make. Experience has taught me in my long life to go slowly -- so that is what I have been doing.

Blogging for me will be rather spontaneous over the next few months. On occasion I will be stopping by and reading your wonderful posts and of course enjoying each and everyone of them. 

I look at this as my migration time. Like the Canadian Geese in my header -- seeking the familiar yet finding something new. 

Will be back in due time.  



10 comments:

  1. Always good to hear from you, Barbara. May you find all that you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you keep your readers up to date on your new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be well in your journey, wherever it takes you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Barbara, Doorways, and doors opening, I have been thinking about them a lot lately. You new time sounds exciting...One does not always instantly know that a doorway is there, waiting...I agree that time is needed...some changes come in their own time...at their own pace, but I have to have the doors in my mind and spirit open...Thanks for stopping by Sketchbook Wandering. I benefitted greatly from my time way, and now it feels natural again to be back. Warm wishes, Rita, on the opposite coast...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I somehow missed this when it was posted. Glad to hear from you when you do post...and as always, I appreciate your photos. Keep the camera with you as you travel into your next adventure. I am looking forward to your sharing it with us here. My wishes are that you continue listening to your heart and soul...and find whatever you seek.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wherever you go, whatever you do, I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a grand and dignified doorway. Many of our doorways are more mundane and sometimes we don't recognize they for what they are, entries into a different attitude or different period of life. Like those geese in your header, we have to move from place to place as we live our lives whether it's a physical place or a mental one. This very simple post brought a lot of thoughts. Meanwhile I hope the doorways you are looking for open to increasing satisfaction. When you're away I miss your fine photography and thoughtful posts. But you have a sense of your own rhythm and the readers have been enriched by your blog. Thank you and a beautiful spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck and sweet landings wherever you fly...:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You put my thoughts into words - I feel much the same. Take care and have a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to look at doors and doorways. When we were in Italy, my husband took photos of the lovely doors. We framed them and have a wall of beautiful doorways.

    ReplyDelete