Friday, April 16, 2010

IS OUR FOOD SUPPLY REALLY SAFER IF SENATE BILL S 510 IS ENACTED?

FRESH ORGANIC VEGGIES AT A FARMERS MARKET
OK, time to shout out. I try to stay away from such things on Folkways Notebook but once in a while something gets in my craw and I need to rant. This rant is about our food supply. Now the government thinks we need to improve the safety of our food by attaching tighter strings. Now I ask, who will this favor the corporate world or the human world? You be the judge. Below is a link to a site on the S 510 bill that is coming up soon for a vote in the Senate. I invite you to read all about it on other sites in the time that you have. It has already passed the House. It was to be voted on by the Senate on April 13th but has been delayed. If you feel the bill is not to your liking may I suggest a call to your Senator. The link below is a letter wrote by and signed by many of the small and local food producers in our country.

Congress.org
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/bio/userletter/?id=48778&letter_id=4991309671

No comments:

Post a Comment